Happy Labor Day, guys & dolls! We hope you’re taking the day off to relax with family, enjoy the summer sunshine, and maybe cook up something yummy on the grill!
We’re tuning in halfway through our “end of summer” break to announce the WINNERS from the “Know Your McG” contest!! There were supposed to be 3 winners… but since there was a 4 way tie for 3rd place, we decided to honor all of those with 87%, and give away SIX portrait sessions!
The First Place winner is… Julie Price, with 93%!! You get a full regular portrait session, and an 11×14 print!
In second Place is… Adria Bowman, with 90%!! You get a full regular portrait session!
And finally, all tied for Third Place with 87%…. Leslie Martin, Lauren Weatherly, Jacob Kragle, and Kendall LaRochelle! Each of you gets a free mini session, with 20 images!
There were another 9 people in the lower 80% range, which I thought was super impressive… I wish we could give everyone sessions, but Mack gave me the “are you crazy” eyebrow and reminded me that free sessions don’t buy groceries, soooo.
Each of you SIX winners, email me at email@example.com to claim your prize, and we’ll get a weekday September portrait session on the calendar!
Curious to the REAL answers of the Know Your McG quiz?
Don’t worry, I’ve got the truth below:
1) McGowan Images (back when it was just Chelsea) photographed two weddings in 2008… so that’s the first year!
2) We’ve professionally photographed 148 weddings.
3) Our first destination wedding was New Hampshire, in the fall of 2009!
4) McGowan Images has never photographed in Jamaica… but we HAVE shot weddings in Aruba, Hawaii, Canada, and more!
5) The old McG studio was in Arlington… we’re currently operating entirely out of our home office in Morgan Mill, and doing lots of phone/Skype meetings with out of town brides!
6) We use Canon cameras!
7) Jeremy & Christy’s 2009 Morning After session was featured in Rock & Roll Bride… a BRITISH wedding blog… making that our first international feature!
8) Chelsea’s favorite movie is “High Fidelity”… but kudos to all of you for recognizing her obsession with The Little Mermaid as well.
9) Chelsea was born & spent a good chunk of her childhood in California before moving to Texas.
10) Before becoming a full time photographer, Chelsea was a newspaper reporter.
11) Chelsea’s “Love Letter” is R. Read that story here.
12) Chelsea has legitimately not washed a single dish in 7 years. Mack is awesome (and Chelsea is stubborn.)
13) Chelsea’s favorite animal is an elephant! She can spend HOURS at the zoo watching them, and has dozens of really awesome elephant figurines gifted from clients/friends over the years!
14) Chelsea is insanely afraid of crickets. She doesn’t want to talk about it.
15) Ariel is Chelsea’s favorite princess. DUH.
16) Chelsea is 28… but usually has to ask Mack, because she forgets.
17) Mack’s real first name is Erik. He started going by “Mack” as a nickname in college, and it stuck.
18) Mack is rightfully famous for his amazing pasta dishes, his fantastic Mac & cheese, and his mind-blowingly wonderful whiskey cider. He can make pumpkin pie too, but it’s nothin’ to write home about.
19) Mack’s favorite holiday is Independence Day. Blowing stuff up FOR THE WIN.
20) Mack became a full-time McGowan Images employee in December of 2010.
21) Mack has been a waiter, worked at a fast food chicken place, worked at a glass factory, a Wal Mart employee, a radio station manager, a youth minister, a grease monkey at an oil change place, a bassist in a regionally touring band, the CFO of a marketing firm, tossed bags at a feed store, been the graphic design director for an equine marketing company…. But he has NOT ever been an auto body technician.
22) Mack owns a 1972 GTO Judge. It’s gorgeous.
23) Mack started college as a music major, on an impressive scholarship for his beautiful voice. He graduated as a communications major, and now uses precisely zero of what he went to college to learn.
24) Mack and Chelsea were married on April 19, 2008.
25) Dorothy is 4 years old, and Jack is 11.
26) The McG family has three dogs… Gertie, a 4 year old Havanese with brain damage who runs into stuff Mulligan, a 7 year old pit/lab cross who weighs 120 pounds but thinks she’s a lap dog, and would love to sleep on the couch 22 hours a day. Agamemnon, a 9 year old border collie whom Jack named after the Greek king of “Troy” fame. No, Jack has not seen that movie, are you crazy? We read a lot. Aggie is strictly an outside dog. We all sneeze if we get in 100 yards of a cat.
27) Jack has had a lot of Halloween costumes, but to this point, has never dressed up as Jack Skellington… note “to this point”.
28) Dorothy will respond to about anything we call her, but no one has ever called her “DD”. Most of you guessed that she had never been called “DiggeryDoof”, but I’m here to tell you, that’s a daily one.
29) Mack and Chelsea are dying to do their 10 year wedding anniversary in Greece.
30) We live in Morgan Mill, TX, in a 113ish year old farm house that’s way too small for all four of us, and we love it.
Thank you all so much for taking time out of your lives last week to participate in our silly little quiz, and help us celebrate this new website. It’s been a long time since January 2011 when we launched the last one, and we’re really liking this new “face” of McG on the interwebs. We’re taking one more week off from regular blogging, but when we come back, we’ll start having pretty stuff to share more regularly. Get excited for a gorgeous fall season!